Tomorrow at Why R? Webinars we will have a chance to guest Max Kronborg who will present Mocking in R. The biogram and the link to YouTube are below. Go the video and set a reminder!
Thursday November 26th. 7:00pm UTC
- webinars whyr.pl/webinars/
- donate whyr.pl/donate/
- past videos youtube.com/WhyRFoundationVideos
Mocking allows the programmer to temporarily substitute custom code for part of a given function. This can be useful in a variety of scenarios:
- When needing stubs or fakes for unit tests
- To replace a not yet completed function, particularly helpful in test driven development
- When for whatever reason R is doing something you don’t want it to do, like accessing the internet, reading files from a strange location, or printing graphs incorrectly.
Max is a danish Computer Science student currently in final year at the University of Bath after completing a placement year with Mango.
He is particularly interested in ML, and is currently working on a dissertation aimed at predicting capacity levels on public transportation.